Tuesday, 17th November, 2015
Monday, 16th November, 2015
Thank you to everyone who helped raise money!
Over the last month All Sorts and Actions Studios have been working together to help raise money for Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Through our Healthy Lifestyle Open Day at All Sorts and Action Kids’ Spooktacular Halloween party, we have managed to raise an incredible $2,600!
Thanks to all our members and friends that have donated to this great cause, we couldn’t have done it without your help!
Congratulations to Katrina who is our instructor of the month!
1. What led you to get into becoming a fitness trainer? I started teaching in Griffith over 20 years ago at a remote rural community club. The only instructor in town was leaving for the big smoke and I was put through initial step training to replace her. I have been a passionate advocate for group exercise for 30 years. I Started exercising with Jane Fonda and Richard Simmonds complete with sweat bands legwarmers and thong unitards.
2. Outside of the gym, what do you like to do for fun? I love spending time with my friends (many of whom are also my gym buddies from Allsorts) I love spending time with my family. I love fine dining and a movie at the dendy lounge. My two girls are both passionate gym junkies ( most of you know Rachel, I taught her everything she knows and yes I did look that good 30 years ago) I love a good red wine and anything/ anyone that’s fun …. The naughtier the better favourite saying “if you obey all the rules you will never have any fun ”
3. What is one thing about you that most people don’t know? I am a midwife and have delivered over 1000 babies I now manage a nursing home looking after 81 elderly clients who have been injected with my passion for group ex with regular tai chi and arm chair Zumba classes.
Thursday, 12th November, 2015
We’re now half way through the 5 Week All Sorts Transformation Challenge and I’m sure many of you are starting to see some great results.
You’re probably pushing your mind and body to limits you never thought possible and starting to feel pain and muscle soreness that you may not have experienced before. This Challenge is a tough one and takes dedication and determination, so just remember that the moment you want to quit, is the moment you need to keep pushing to achieve the best results!
Keep reminding yourself of your goals, stay motivated together in your teams and remember if it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you!
If you are unable to attend any of our group training classes then jump onto our youtube page for all the best exercises from our group training.
With only 2 more weeks left until the final weigh in, now is the time to step it up a gear! Prizes for the most improved team will be awarded on November 28th!
CHECK IN DAILY ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO PAGE
5 Ways to Get Fit at All Sorts This Summer!
Wednesday, 11th November, 2015
Summer is just around the corner which means longer days and warmer temperatures see many of us getting off the couch and moving. Maybe your summer health goals are well underway and you’re already starting to see results or you may still be looking for some motivation to get moving. All Sorts can offer many ways to get fit this summer. Check out these 5 ways you can shake up your workout. It’s time to quit that same old routine in the gym and introduce some variety to your workout!
- Nutrition advise and fitness testing in our member care program
- Try one of our 80+ Group Fitness classes
- Be motivated by a personal trainer
- Play a team sport at our indoor sports centre
- Take your training into the water
Sweet 16th Party at All Sorts!
Happy sweet 16 to Zoe! We hope you had a wonderful birthday at our Function centre. The room looked stunning and everyone had a ball!
November Swim Star of the Month!
Monday, 9th November, 2015
Congratulations to our little swim star this month – Oscar!
Oscar is a very happy swimmer and has come on leaps and bounds since joining All Sorts swim school. He always gives his absolute best at all activities and is only a few strokes away from moving up a level into Seal. Well done Oscar!
All Sorts Christmas Survey – WIN $50!
Tuesday, 3rd November, 2015
November Gym Star of the Month!
Brooke is our November All Sorts All Star! She has been a member with All Sorts Gym Sydney for 2 years and through hard work, dedication with the help of our trainer Patty, Brooke has lost an incredible 15 kilos! What an amazing transformation!
Read more about Brooke’s journey at All Sorts below:
1. What was your turning point that made you realise that joining a gym was what you needed to do?
5 weeks after I had my 2nd baby I was determined to get back to my pre baby weight.
2. What motivates you to come to the gym?
I love Patty Crossley’s classes as she is very motivating & I have since made lots of new friends through her classes.
3. Why did you choose All Sorts gym as your place to train?
I love that there is child minding as I have 2 toddlers so it gives me some time out & everyone is really friendly at All Sorts!
4. How many times a week do you come in to train?
5-6 times per week
5. What else are you doing to compliment your workout?
Sh’bam on Fridays with Patty as its a fun dance class & doesn’t feel like exercise as its fun even though you work up a sweat! I also do body step, pump, combo & body attack.
6. What advice would you give someone starting out for the first time in the gym?
Try some of the classes as it keeps you motivated and there is a class to suit everybody!